Join the team
As our region continues to grow we are ready to grow our team to help meet the needs of our community. Are you interested in joining our team? We’d love to hear from you.
In particular, we would welcome expressions of interest for our administration team.
You can contact our Practice Manager, Bek Hooley, with your cover letter and CV at: email@example.com
Dr Daniel Rankmore (GP/Director), Kylie Barnes (Office Manager)
Bek Hooley (Practice Manager), Dr David Lockart (GP/Director)
At Barton Lane Practice we are passionate about excellence in healthcare. Comprising of ten GPs, six nurses, eight administration staff members, an office manager, a practice manager and a faithful coffee machine, our team’s goal is to improve the health both of our patients, and also our community as a whole. Our passion is built upon a history of commitment to our community and continuity of care to our patients. And when we say continuity we mean it! Our practice has been locally owned and operated by local GPs since 1892, making it one of the longest serving practices in Australia. The Tamworth region has been our home, just as it is for our patients. We want Tamworth to thrive and we know that high quality, reliable health care services are invaluable to the region. Barton Lane Practice is here for the long haul.
Barton Lane Practice offers health care services for all stages of life from antenatal care through to palliative care, supporting our patients and their families across time. Throughout its 127-year history, the practice has adapted to serve the changing needs of the community and use advances in how care can be delivered. The practice has a proud heritage of pioneering services, such as diabetes clinics, which consistently demonstrate positive results for patients. Barton Lane Practice’s focus on continuity of care, integrity, healthy choices, and excellence has remained steady.
Tamworth is one of the largest inland cities in NSW. It is located 400km from Sydney and 600km from Brisbane, and is just one hour by air to either. With over 60,000 people in the Tamworth region, including 50,000 in the city itself, Tamworth is a growing and developing city.
More than just the home of country music, Tamworth boasts a beautiful lifestyle, with a range of quality schools, clear air, and great cafe culture and some treasured restaurants.
Our practice is close to both Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital, a well serviced 288 bed hospital, and Tamara Private Hospital. Over recent years the city has seen growth in its medical workforce and medical educational activities, and our GPs have access to a great range of medical specialists.
Find out more about Tamworth
Around 87% of Australians see their GP each year, and the vast majority would like to see their preferred GP, demonstrating the value of continuity to our patients.
- Continuity is providing care for all stages of life; from antenatal care to nursing homes.
- Continuity is respecting the lessons and traditions of the past; while embracing new evidence and innovative technology.
- Continuity is walking alongside the patient, through good times and bad times.
- Continuity is about trust and safety; and better health outcomes.
The relationship between a GP and a patient is based on trust, and trust requires integrity.
- Integrity means condentiality; confidence my private matters remain private.
- Integrity means financial transparency; understanding how much things will cost.
- Integrity means practicing health care based on evidence and not corporate sponsorships.
The choices we make are a major determiner of our health. Our practice involves engaging healthy choices and helping you and the motivation to improve these.
- Healthy choices include how we choose the type, quality and quantity of our food.
- Healthy choices include how we keep our bodies physically active.
- Healthy choices include how we think with positivity, growth, and abundance.
- Healthy choices include how we sleep, rest and recover.
- Healthy choices include how we connect in community
We believe if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
- Excellence is a commitment to continual learning and development.
- Excellence is about monitoring outcomes and adapting to local needs.
- Excellence is about safety